Sunday, September 02, 2012

Chunky yarn...small recipient

I rarely knit for others because most people just don't "get" the effort and care that goes into knitting something. I also often can't finish things quickly due to my work schedule and babies do make their appearances eventually and grow quickly. However, I know a young lady who is expecting a baby soon and she " gets" it. I've been wanting to make the Willie cardigan by Pamela Wynne for some time now so when I was in BC I grabbed the yarn and cast on.

It's been great knit night and take-along knitting. I love its Parisienne vibe. The Intarsia dog wraps around the body with an ear flap and embroidered chain for its neck still to come. The yarn is Patons Shetland Chunky super wash.

I think a jaunty beret would finish the ensemble nicely so I'll be looking for a pattern for that next.

 

 

No comments: