Wednesday, September 26, 2012

On a Roll

I have another finished object! My shawl for our 5 Counties Guild challenge came off of the loom one week before the event.

I've used a fine neutral warp with Classic Elite lace weight and my merino/ silk hand spun for the weft. The pattern is overshot the blooming leaf pattern.

This was a challenging project as the warp was very fine and sticky. I really struggled with it. In the end, the weight was perfect and the shawl draped perfectly. The displays looked beautiful as each guild was asked to choose an historical Time period to use as inspiration. Art Deco, the Arts and Crafts Movement were two time periods honored.

Our Guild chose 1812 to nod to the bicentennial of the war. The display looked great- my co-chair designed the display.

Our keynote speaker was Judith Bowden, an amazing designer for the Shaw festival's production of My Fair Lady last year. She was kind enough to bing a few costumes for us to see. She shared with us her creative process. I immediately wanted to dust off my sewing machine.

 

No comments: