Thursday, February 23, 2017

Finito

I'm on my annual visit to the great Pacific North West for the Madrona Fiber Arts retreat in Tacoma, followed by a week with dad on Vancouver Island. I have been working on Alvy by Jared Flood over the last year and actually finished it for Rhinebeck but I quickly realized the sleeves were freakishly long...like 4 inches too long.

 

 

I did a wee bit of surgery on them in January and cut off the cuffs about 6 rows up from the cuff/sleeve transition. I untraveled about 2.5 inches of sleeve, picked up the stitches on the cuff and knit one round on the sleeve, decreasing the 2 stitches I needed to remove to have the same amount as the cuff. Then - I grafted the cuffs back on.

 

I'll post better pictures when I get home but here are a few selfies taken in dad's backyard. BT Shelter is amazing to work with and I have lots in stash with many projects queued. 

 

 

Next up (in Shelter) will be Aspen by Michele Wang from her latest Capsule collection. This yarn is made for cables because it's so very light the garment never gets weighed down so - go nuts!

Catch you on the flip side when I get back home. I bought lots of lovely stuff this trip and can't wait to knit it. 

 

 

 

No comments: