Monday, September 25, 2006



I Should do THIS more often

Voila!!! We have an FO. May I present the lovely Ava from Rowan #34 created in the prescribed yarns. All Rowan Wool Cotton - main colour Coffee Rich. I used to work for Rich Products and Coffee Rich was their flagship product so - I couldn't resist. My son took the picture so it's a bit fuzzy.

I made the size small which tends to always work for me with Rowan patterns. This is a Louisa Harding design -Lousia rocks.

The only qualm I have about the design is the arm length (a bit on the long side for my tastes but I can live with it). I decided to substitute a leather lace in the turquoise colour for the tie made out of yarn as indicated in the pattern.
I also added some beads to pick up on the colours of the flowers. I'm wearing it with a red cami to off set the brown.

Overall, I'll enjoy wearing this sweater probably more than I enjoyed knitting it. I like the fit and colours but with stockinette stitch and very simple intarsia - there wasn't much to keep me enthralled with the actual knitting process. I also found that I had to do a lot of calculations to complete certain sections. The directions were sketchy and said things like "knit until it looks to be about 2 inches shorter than the front". Maybe ok for some knitters but I like number of rows or total inches rather than having to compare to other pieces. Just my beef.

The Wool Cotton is fab and I can't wait to use it in another project.

Here's a closer shot- normally I'm not so serious looking. I guess a fashion photo shoot as we're rushing to karate class doesn't exactly make for a relaxed model. I'll have to have more wine next time. I really love the feeling one gets when a project is finally done and it doesn't suck. I think that this occasion calls for a real celebratory wine.

Therefore, I'll probably break out the Trius Brut. It's made in the traditional Champagne method and all bottles are turned by hand. After all, it's not everyday that one has an FO to show. Though, judging by the size of my stash, figuring out how to turn out one a day may just be needed!

3 comments:

vanessa said...

michelle, that sweater is simply stunning on you!!

Robyn - Red Bird Knits said...

Gorgeous Michelle!

Pixiepurls said...

oh wow that looks wonderful!! So does your skirt above. Your a great knitter and have excellent taste :) hehe!