Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Flaming Red Head

I love the evening of boxing day. It generally marks the point in the holiday season where I can shake off the social obligations and break free. The last big meal has been served, the last office party attended, gifting done and the men folk can coast on the leftovers for the rest of the week. I can now turn my thoughts to the upcoming year.

I'm looking forward to 2010 - it's the start of a new decade and won't we all be glad to put a fork in this one? In spite of myself, I'm getting excited about the Vancouver Olympics. The torch passed through our region this past week. Our fearless leader was invited to be a toch-bearer. The torch was brought into the office the next day and we all lined up in the lobby to have our pictures taken with it. It's a heavy thing!

I guess I may just join in on the Knitting Olympics this year. I'm not sure if my Knit Night group is planning a team but hopefully I can find one to join. I'm thinking of making the Ysolda Teague Vine Yoke Cardigan. I have some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the new colourway Cookie's Deep Dark Secret. It's a deep blueberry shade.

A whole cardigan within 3 weeks - I've never done it yet. Could be cool...or crazy.

No comments: