Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Spring Shell Games





Once upon a time, I was going to knit this





I purchased the Rowan Milk Cotton DK in the soft Apple Pips shade to make it. Then, I woke up and realized that I wasn't a supermodel and that the sizing just didn't work for me. So, the milk cotton has languished until now.








I LURVE this cardigan. Practical, classy. Kim has really knocked it out of the park this time with her new Summer book Misty.










Once upon a time, I was going to knit this.








I purchased the Rowan Fine Milk Cotton in the Barley shade to make it. I've seen a store sample (Julie had one in her booth at the Toronto Knitter's Frolic last year). It's stunning and I still love it BUT this lacy tank (right) is also in Kim's new book. How sweet! Wearable with skirts and jeans for summer. I think I'll repurpose the yarn for Arielle instead.




Oh yeah, and I also love this ice blue lacy cardigan (below) from the new book. It's made from Calmer and I have a half-knitted Audrey that I never finished way back in the day. I don't think I'll wear Audrey very much. I lost interest after the millionth knitter made it. I think I'll frog Audrey and use the teal Calmer for this design.




So, I'm frogging a Kim Hargreaves design to make another Kim Hargreaves design. I guess she gets the triple play here.

No comments: